- Protects against HIV infection
- MHRA approved
- Prescribed by UK clinicians
- Reduces HIV risk from sex by 99%
Minimize The Risk of HIV Infection - Order PrEP Online!
Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP), popularly known as Truvada, is a trusted HIV infection prevention drug that can minimize the risk of getting HIV. PrEP is a trusted, highly successful HIV preventive medicine with 92-99% effectiveness. Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (Emtricitabine/Tenofovir) tablets can offer reliable protection to individuals with a high risk of developing HIV infection. PrEP is more effective in reducing the chances of getting HIV infection when combined with condoms.
- Proven Treatment: For Reducing the HIV Infection Risk
- Onset of Action: At least 7 Days
- Active Ingredient: Tenofovir Disoproxil and Emtricitabine
- Age Recommendations: Adults at High Risk of HIV Infection
- Dosage Guidance: Once Daily for 7-21 Days
All inclusive services
No extra costs
Free tracked delivery
Delivered in plain packaging
No consultation charges
More Information Before You Buy PrEP Online in UK
- Generic Name: Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate 200mg/245mg
Before you order PrEP online, you should know that this medication is indicated to inhibit the growth of HIV infection transmission to other cells of the body. PrEP helps reduce the spreading and replication of the HIV virus in your body. Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis tablets are effective for individuals who are at high risk of developing HIV infection, either through unsafe sex, drug injections, or other means.
Mechanism of Action
PrEP tablets contain Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate and Emtricitabine as its active ingredients, which help by minimizing the replication of the the HIV virus in the body. It has the potential to block enzymes causing HIV infection, preventing HIV-infected cells from making copies of themselves. PrEP is suitable for individuals who are at high risk of coming in contact with HIV infection. Although this antiretroviral medication cannot cure HIV, you can take it daily to lower the risk of getting HIV.
Dosage and Administration
The standard PrEP regimen involves consuming a single tablet once daily. It is advisable to consult with your healthcare provider about the daily dosage guidance. It is crucial to take Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis tablets every day at the prescribed schedule for maximum effectiveness and protection against HIV (human immunodeficiency virus). It is better to take the medication at the same time of the day. If you buy PrEP UK, you get protection against HIV after taking PrEP pills daily for 4-7 days.
Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis has 92-99% effectiveness when taken daily or as directed by your healthcare provider. It is clinically proven and backed by extensive research, making it a perfect choice for individuals who need to reduce the risk of getting HIV infection.
Similar to any other medication, consumption of PrEP or Truvada may lead to some common mistakes. However, some of these side effects improve on their own after a few days or weeks. The side effects of Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) include the following:
- Mild Gastrointestinal Discomfort
- Feeling Tired
- Mild Abdominal Pain
- Weight Loss
- Back Pain
- Itchy Skin
PrEP is contraindicated in individuals who have known allergies to its active ingredients, Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate and Emtricitabine. Patients who are HIV Positive should not order PrEP tablets as it is not suitable to use for them. We recommend you inform your healthcare provider before taking PrEP medication about your allergic reactions and existing medical conditions.
- The standard PrEP regimen is taking one tablet daily or as directed by your healthcare provider.
- It is advisable to take your medication at the same time every day.
- Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis tablets are more effective when combined with contraception.
- Take the medication with a glass of water and ensure to not intake more than the recommended dosage.
We recommend you should store PrEP medication in a cool, dry place. Keep it away from direct sunlight and heat. Also, ensure not to let your children and pets come in contact with the HIV prevention medication.
Warnings and Precautions
- Patients should understand that Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) tablets are not for curing HIV infection but for preventing the infection.
- You can continue practicing safe sex to minimize the risk of HIV transmission and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- The effectiveness of PrEP can be reduced by parallelly taking medicines, such as medication for treating hepatitis C, cancer treatment drugs, and antibiotics, painkillers, and medications for treating fungal or viral infections.
- Make sure to consult with your healthcare provider in case you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or have any underlying medical conditions before you order PrEP online.
Frequently Asked Questions for PrEP (Emtricitabine/Tenofovir)
Do I need to get tested before I order PrEP medication?
HIV testing before you order PrEP online is essential to ensure the safety and effectiveness of the and medication. Patients need to get tested to ensure they are HIV positive or negative, their kidneys function normally, and check their hepatitis status. Based on your medical condition, you can consult with your healthcare provider for appropriate HIV testing and advise if PrEP is the right medication for your health condition.
How does PrEP work?
Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis, or PrEP, is a clinically proven medication to prevent HIV infection from spreading into the body. PrEP works by creating a protective barrier against the HIV virus to prevent it from establishing an infection if you are exposed to it. Taking a daily dose of PrEP and practicing safe sex will significantly lower the risk of getting HIV infection.
Who should consider taking PrEP?
Individuals who are at high risk of getting HIV infection can order PrEP online to inhibit the replication of HIV. Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis is crucial to take for individuals who engage in sex without contraception with HIV-positive partners or share needles for drug ingestion. It is also suitable for anyone who wants to add an extra layer of protection against HIV infection.
Do I still need to use condoms while on PrEP?
PrEP is a preventive medication that significantly reduces the risk of getting HIV infection. However, this medication does not protect you from sexually transmitted infections (STIs). In contrast, contraceptives such as condoms can safeguard you from STIs by not letting the skin cells come in contact with the infections. Hence, it is advisable to use condoms to reduce the risk of STIs and add an additional layer of protection against HIV.
Is PrEP safe for long-term use?
Yes, Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis is safe to use for the long term. However, you should ensure to consult with your healthcare provider to continuously monitor the medication’s effectiveness and to treat any persisting side effects.