Fucidin Cream & Ointment
- Treats eczema and psoriasis
- MHRA approved
- UK pharmacies
Fucidin Cream & OintmentCategory:Eczema and Psoriasis
Get Rapid Relief From Bacterial Infections - Buy Fucidin Cream Online in UK!
Fucidin cream is an antibiotic cream commonly used for the treatment of skin infections, such as impetigo, infected eczema, psoriasis, infected dermatitis, and other fungal infections. It is a powerful topical medication prescribed to prevent and treat a wide range of bacterial or fungal infections. Fucidin cream contains fusidic acid, an antibiotic that helps inhibit the growth of bacteria causing infections. Fucidin cream and ointment can be your trusted solution for regaining control over your skin’s health.
- Proven Treatment: For Impetigo, Eczema, Dermatitis, and other Fungal Infections
- Onset of Action: Within 24 Hours
- Active Ingredient: Fusidic Acid
- Age Recommendations: 2+ Years of Children and Adults
- Dosage Guidance: Apply Fucidin Cream 3 to 4 Times a Day for 7 to 10 Days
All inclusive services
No extra costs
Free tracked delivery
Delivered in plain packaging
No consultation charges
More Information Before You Buy Fucidin Cream in UK
- Generic Name: Fucidin
Most healthcare providers recommend to buy Fucidin cream and ointment for the effective treatment and relief from symptoms of bacterial and fungal infections. From impetigo to infected eczema and psoriasis to dermatitis, Fucidin cream is a clinically proven solution to combat these skin conditions. Fucidin cream is available in 30g cream or 30g ointment variants. Fucidin cream and ointment are safe and suitable for most adults and children.
Mechanism of Action
Fucidin cream and ointment include fusidic acid (a potent antibiotic and antibacterial agent) as its active ingredient. Fusidic acid can effectively stop the growth of infectious agents and bacteria causing skin infections like impetigo, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, and other fungal infections. The antibiotic agent disrupts the protein synthesis process of the bacteria and eliminates gram-positive bacteria from the roots. Fucidin cream prevents the spreading of contagious infections and treats such skin conditions to heal the skin.
Application and Administration
Generally, Fucidin cream and ointment should be applied 3 to 4 times a day. The treatment course for the effective elimination of bacterial and fungal infections lasts around 7 to 10 days. However, it is advisable to follow the application and treatment guidelines as provided by your healthcare provider. You can certainly notice improvement within a few days of applying Fucidin cream.
Fucidin cream and ointment work effectively to treat impetigo, eczema, dermatitis, and such skin infections. Although the duration and dosage of treatment may vary depending on the skin infection, appropriate application of Fucidin cream leads to successful recovery from the infections.
Similar to all medications, Fucidin 2% cream has some side effects. It is certain that not everyone who uses Fucidin will experience side effects. With appropriate application and treatment courses, the chances of side effects can be minimized. The severity and duration of side effects can vary from person to person. Here are some common side effects to be aware of before you buy Fucidin antibiotic cream:
- Skin irritation, itching, burning, or redness at the application site
- Dry skin
- Skin rash
- Skin blisters
In rare cases, Fucidin can cause more serious side effects, such as:
- Allergic reactions, such as swelling on the face, lips, tongue, or throat, may lead to shortness of breath or hives
- Severe skin reactions, such as Stevens-Johnson syndrome or toxic epidermal necrolysis, which can cause skin blistering, peeling, or severe skin rash
If you experience any severe or persistent side effects while using Fucidin cream or Fucidin ointment, or you notice any signs of an allergic reaction, you should immediately stop using the medication and seek medical attention.
Avoid using Fucidin antibiotic ointment if you are allergic to fusidic acid or any other ingredients present in the medication. It is advisable to consult with your healthcare provider if you need to apply the antibiotic cream near sensitive skin areas like eyes, nose, mouth, or genital areas. Do not apply Fucidin cream over wounded or broken skin.
- Rinse the infected area with clean water and pat it dry with a clean towel.
- Apply a small but sufficient portion of the Fucidin cream or ointment gently over the affected skin area.
- Rub it gently until the cream is completely absorbed.
- Ensure to avoid contact with the eyes, nose, or mouth if you are applying it on the face.
- Do not apply it on healthy skin areas.
- Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly before and after the application of Fucidin cream.
- It is recommended to complete the treatment course even though it seems the infection area is healed.
- Fucidin cream should be stored at room temperature (68-77°F or 20-25°C). Make sure to keep it in a cool, dry place and away from the reach of children and pets. Protect the cream from direct sunlight and heat.
Warnings and Precautions
- Fucidin cream and ointment are for external use only.
- Avoid going near the naked or smoking flames, as Fucidin cream can dry onto your clothes or bedding.
- Do not apply the cream on broken or wounded skin.
- Fucidin cream and ointment are not designed to treat conditions such as Boils, Cysts, Athlete’s Foot, Cold Sores, Thrush, and Spots.
- Avoid excessive scratching, which may lead to bacterial skin infections.
- Seek medical advice if pregnant, have skin allergies, or any underlying conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions for Fucidin Cream & Ointment
What is Fucidin?
Fusidic acid is an antibiotic that is used to treat bacterial infections of the skin, such as impetigo, infected wounds, and infected eczema. It works by inhibiting the growth and spread of bacteria, allowing the body's natural immune system to fight off the infection.
Fucidin is available in different forms, including cream, ointment, and eye drops. The cream and ointment forms are applied directly to the affected area of the skin, while the eye drops are used to treat infections of the eye.
Fucidin is a prescription medication, which means that it can only be obtained with a valid prescription from a licensed healthcare provider. It is important to use Fucidin as prescribed and to complete the full course of treatment, even if symptoms improve, to ensure that the infection is completely cleared.
Where to buy Fucidin cream online?
Well, Fucidin cream and ointment is a prescription-only medication. To buy Fucidin cream online, you need to start an online assessment to request medication at Farmeci. After the successful completion of the medication assessment, the desired variant of Fucidin medication will be delivered to you.
Can I use Fucidin with other medications?
Before using Fucidin (fusidic acid) with other medications, you should consult with a licensed healthcare provider to ensure that it is safe to do so. They can review your medical history and current medications to determine if there are any potential interactions or contraindications.
There are some medications that may interact with Fucidin, which can affect its effectiveness or increase the risk of side effects. These include:
- Blood thinners, such as warfarin: Fucidin may increase the risk of bleeding when used with blood thinners.
- Steroids: Fucidin may decrease the effectiveness of steroids when used together.
- Other topical medications: Using multiple topical medications at the same time can increase the risk of skin irritation or allergic reactions.
It is important to inform your healthcare provider of all medications, vitamins, and supplements that you are taking before using Fucidin to help prevent potential interactions.
It is also important to use Fucidin as prescribed and to complete the full course of treatment, even if symptoms improve, to ensure that the infection is completely cleared. Do not use more or less of the medication than prescribed, and do not use it for longer than recommended unless directed by your healthcare provider.
How quickly does Fucidin cream take to work?
With the appropriate application of Fucidin cream and ointment, your infected skin areas can be treated within a few days. Typically, the treatment course for Fucidin cream is 7 to 10 days during which the patient can observe noticeable improvements. However, if you see no improvement in the affected area after 7 days of applying the antibiotic cream, you can consult with your doctor.
What is the difference between Fucidin and Fucidin H?
The only difference between Fucidin cream and Fucidin H cream is the extra ingredient Hydrocortisone (H) present in Fucidin H cream. While Fucidin cream only contains fusidic acid as its active ingredient. Fucidin cream or Fucidin ointment is an antibiotic cream and does not involve any steroid ingredient like Hydrocortisone.
Are there any side effects associated with Fucidin cream and ointment?
Yes, there are some side effects of Fucidin cream. These side effects include mild skin irritation, rashes, skin itching, or, in rare cases, allergic reactions, blisters, and skin peeling. These side effects are temporary and will go away within a few days. It is advisable to consult a healthcare professional if you experience any severe or persistent side effects.
Is Fucidin ointment safe to use during pregnancy or breastfeeding?
For patients who are pregnant or breastfeeding, we recommend first consulting with a professional healthcare provider and then using Fucidin for impetigo, eczema, or other bacterial infections.