- Fast acting
- Genuine medication
- MHRA approved
- Effective relief for scabies mites and crab lice
Say Goodbye to Scabies and Crab Lice - Buy Permethrin Cream 5% w/w
Permethrin cream is a trusted antiparasitic medication used for preventing and treating human scabies, a contagious, intensely itchy skin condition caused by scabies mites. Order Permethrin Cream in the UK and eliminate scabies and crab lice to get relief from itchiness on the skin within a few hours.
- Proven Treatment: For STIs like Scabies and Lice
- Onset of Action: Within 12 Hours
- Active Ingredient: Permethrin Concentration
- Age Recommendations: Children (2+ Years), Adults and Elderly
- Dosage Guidance: Apply Gently to the Affected Skin
All inclusive services
No extra costs
Free tracked delivery
Delivered in plain packaging
No consultation charges
More Information Before You Buy Permethrin 5% Cream
- Generic Name: Permethrin
Before you buy Permethrin cream 5% w/w, you should know that it is indicated in the prevention and treatment of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), such as scabies mites, crab (pubic) lice, and other STIs and parasites. It is recommended to use externally on the skin for children above 2 years, adults, and aged.
Mechanism of Action
Permethrin, the active ingredient in Permethrin 5% Cream, belongs to the pyrethroid class of insecticides. It acts as a protective barrier that kills scabies and hinders the transmission of such Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs). Although Permethrin is deadly to insects, it is significantly less hazardous to humans since our bodies can break down the toxin much faster. This makes Permethrin an ideal choice for treating parasites like scabies.
Dosage and Administration
In most cases, a single application of Permethrin cream is sufficient to treat an infestation. However, we recommend repeating the treatment in 7-14 days to ensure efficient elimination of scabies and crab lice.
Permethrin is a clinically proven solution for effectively treating and preventing scabies. 96.9% of patients have been successfully treated for scabies and crab lice with 2 applications of Permethrin cream at a 1-week interval.
Some common side effects of Permethrin 5% cream include mild skin irritation, itching, redness, swelling, and other allergic reactions. The side effects majorly depend on the application of Permethrin cream and its impact on your skin.
Permethrin is contraindicated in individuals with known hypersensitivity to permethrin or other components included in the Permethrin cream. The individual should not apply the cream with permethrin on open wounds, broken skin, and wet skin. We also recommend not applying Permethrin cream on the head and face.
- Apply Permethrin cream gently on the clean, dry, and cool skin area that is affected by scabies and crab lice.
- It can be applied on the entire body, excluding the head and face.
- Leave the cream overnight or at least 8-10 hours before washing the affected area with clean water.
- Avoid contact with your eyes, nose, mouth, or other mucous membranes.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after applying cream permethrin UK.
- Avoid applying the cream on or near the nipple area, or wash the cream off when breastfeeding.
- Repeat the Permethrin cream application after 7-10 days.
- Consult with us before applying the Permethrin cream to get the right guidance on the scabies treatment.
Permethrin 5% cream should be stored in a cool, dry place and away from direct heat and sunlight. It is advisable to store at controlled room temperature (68-77°F or 20-25°C).
Warnings and Precautions
- The Permethrin cream is for external use only.
- Keep it out of reach of kids and adolescents.
- Before you buy Permethrin cream, it is recommended to share if you are allergic to it or have any other allergies with the doctor or pharmacist.
- Constantly scratching the infected area may lead to bacterial skin infection.
- Patients should consult with a healthcare professional in case of pregnancy, skin allergies, or any underlying conditions.
Frequently Asked Questions for Permethrin Cream
How should I apply Permethrin Cream for the best results?
To apply Permethrin cream effectively for treating STIs, you should ensure the affected area is clean and dry. Follow the specific instructions provided with the product. In general, a thin layer should be applied directly to the affected area for at least 8-10 hours. You should also pay special attention while applying the cream over areas, such as in-between the fingers and toes, beneath the nails, wrists, armpits, external genitalia, breasts, and buttocks.
Can I use Permethrin Cream on my face or near my eyes?
No, Permethrin cream should not be applied to the face or near the eyes. Patients should avoid contact with sensitive areas such as the eyes, nose, mouth, or mucous membranes. In case of accidental contact, you can rinse with plenty of clean water.
How often should I use Permethrin Cream for treating parasitic infestations?
The application frequency and duration may vary depending on the type of infestation. For most patients, one application is sufficient for treating parasitic infestations. However, applying the cream with permethrin in an interval of 7-10 days can be effective in eliminating scabies. Still, you can consult with a healthcare provider to determine the right frequency of application.
Is Permethrin Cream safe for children and adolescents?
Permethrin cream is generally considered safe to use for children over the age of 2, adolescents, and adults. However, it's crucial to follow the recommended age guidelines and consult with a healthcare provider before you buy Permethrin 5% cream.
Can I use this cream when pregnant and breastfeeding?
This product may not be safe for you or your child if applied during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Although this cream can be safe to apply over the breasts, it may not be appropriate for breastfeeding moms.
What if I experience skin irritation after using Permethrin Cream?
Due to the overdose of Permethrin cream, patients can suffer mild skin irritation, redness, or itching at the application site. However, if these effects persist or worsen, it is advisable to discontinue the usage and consult with a healthcare professional to get the right guidance. Skin irritations may also take place if you are allergic to the Permethrin cream components.